Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oh, what a dramatic change of character...

If you've read my other stories, you know the characters I commonly use, right? I like using Skulduggery and Valkyrie, but I've made up a few of my own. In particular, I'm thinking of a certain girl who most people have seemed to like very much. But what if I decided to change her completely? You'd be shocked at what I did if you've read about her before this. What if I were to, oh, I don't know, do this?:



            The pale girl with black hair and indigo eyes grinned as the man screamed in agony, withering in pain on the ground in front of her. He looked up at her, crying and begging for her to leave him alone.
“Please…” he barely managed to say, “please stop… I… don’t understand…”
“You don’t understand?” the girl asked. “Are you sure? Because you seemed to understand perfectly fine until I did that.” She gestured to the arm soaking in a pool of blood to her left.
“But…” he grimaced in pain. “But… You didn’t even give me a chance…”
“No, I said, ‘I’m going to count to ten, and if you don’t tell me where Anomaly Despair is by that time, I will tear your arm off.’ And I counted to ten, and by that time you hadn’t told me where she was, so pulling your arm off was entirely necessary.”
The man moved his head slightly, and the girl assumed that it was a pathetic attempt at shaking his head. “You’re… thirteen… there’s no way you… could’ve possibly… done this…”
She rolled her eyes. “How is being thirteen a reason that I couldn’t have done this? If you doubt it, you can ask your arm’s opinion on this one.”
“It isn’t… funny… What you did… is monstrous…”
“Is it? I honestly found it hilarious. You probably couldn’t hear it over your screams of pain and misery, but I was laughing the whole time.”
“I’ll tell you… about Miss Despair… if you leave me alone…”
“Fine. Tell me and I’ll consider.”
“She’s… in Washington State… somewhere near Seattle…”
The girl tilted her head, a slight grin on her face. “Thank you,” she said.
“And will you… let me live?”
“Why, of course I will,” she said. She knelt down to where he was, pulled him to his feet, then smacked him with so much force his head came right off. “And to everyone who doesn’t know what I just did, you’re still alive.”
The girl, Ivy Animosity, stepped over the body, then heard a rustling in the forest beside her…



Then what would you think about her?

3 comments:

  1. Is it odd that it doesn't change my point of view, at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lie, she's awful but then not horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She could be my friend... She could be my twin except in appearances actually...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT! NOW! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!